Emergency Dentist for Cary, Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, NC & the Surrounding Areas
At Sunrise Dental, we understand that treating a dental emergency as quickly as possible is key to a fast and effective recovery. That’s why our family dentist offers emergency services to any patient in need. Whether you live in Raleigh, Cary, Apex, NC or the surrounding communities, our emergency dentist can typically see emergency patients on the same day they call.
Our caring staff will always work to get you in to see a doctor as soon as possible. With offices in Chapel Hill, Durham, Cary, and Raleigh, NC, we even offer evening and weekend appointments at certain locations. Our team at Sunrise Dental is dedicated to helping alleviate your pain and getting you back to your normal life. Read on to learn more about what to do if you are experiencing an emergency, what exactly constitutes an emergency, and how our emergency dentist can help.
What To Do In Case Of An Emergency
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please read the tips below. Not only can these tips help determine if your situation requires a visit to our emergency dentist; they can also provide guidance on what precautions and steps you can take to aid our team in your recovery.
- If you have a tooth that has fallen or been knocked out, try to replace it. By fitting the tooth back into the socket, you will better protect the roots and increase its chance of survival. If you can’t get it back into the socket, protect the tooth and be careful not to touch the roots of the tooth.
- If there are broken pieces of your tooth, secure the pieces in a plastic bag until you can reach our office.
- If you are bleeding, attempt to stop the blood flow before you reach our office. If the bleeding does not stop in a reasonable amount of time, please get to an emergency room immediately.
- Control swelling and pain with a cold compress, if necessary.
- Contact one of our convenient locations immediately. You can find phone numbers for each office here.
- If you catch us after hours, please call the number listed on the answering machine. We can help you at all hours of the day and night.
- If the situation is life threatening, skip the dental office and head straight to the nearest emergency room.
Following these steps can help you ensure the best chance of your tooth’s survival. As is the case with most emergencies, the sooner you reach our emergency dentist, the more likely our team will be able to assist with repairing whatever damage has occurred and alleviate your pain. No matter what the case may be, Sunrise Dental is here to help.
What Constitutes A Dental Emergency
Some common examples of a dental emergency include:
- broken or injured tooth
- tooth that has fallen out or been knocked out
- severe dental pain
- soft tissue damage (tongue, gums, or cheek)
If you are suffering from any of these situations, please contact one of our dentist office locations immediately to schedule an appointment with our emergency dentist. Sunrise Dental offers a variety of services to help save your tooth, alleviate your pain, or replace your tooth, if necessary. Our Raleigh, NC office also offers CEREC technology to create a permanent same-day dental crowns while you are sitting in our office!
How To Schedule A Non-Emergency Appointment
Even if you aren’t experiencing a dental emergency, Sunrise Dental can still help resolve your dental problem. Proudly serving patients throughout Durham, Chapel Hill, Apex, Cary, Morrisville, Raleigh, NC, and the nearby areas, call one of our convenient locations today to request an appointment. You can also send us a message using our online form. This method of contact is not recommended for dental emergency care. We will be happy to help you solve any dental issue you may have — emergency or otherwise.