Services in Cary, Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Apex, and Morrisville, NC
At Sunrise Dental, we focus on providing excellent, comfortable dentistry for the entire family. In addition to our extensive cosmetic dentistry procedures and restorative options, our family dentist also offers preventive and general dentistry services for patients of all ages. Depending on your needs, we can help you find the correct solutions to your problems. Proudly serving Apex, Raleigh, Morrisville, NC, and the surrounding areas, we have four convenient office locations in Chapel Hill, Durham, Raleigh, & Cary, NC.
Benefits of Visiting a Family Dentist
Family dentists are set up to treat patients of all ages. Parents can choose between taking their children to a pediatric dentist or opting to bring everyone to the same office. Taking your whole household to a family dentist can be beneficial in a number of ways:
- Convenience: If multiple members of the family visit the same office for their dental needs, it becomes much easier to schedule and keep appointments.
- Minimize Anxiety: It can be easy to forget what visits to the dentist were like when you were small. Children can get very anxious around the dentist, but seeing that you are also coming in for a checkup can make them feel more comfortable and brave as they mimic your actions.
- We Know Your Family History: One of the most significant advantages of visiting a family dentist is that we know your whole family's dental history. This means we can check for potential genetic issues and consult your entire medical history to accurately treat you.
- Build a Lasting Relationship: Visiting the same dental office from a young age and having regular, consistent experiences can help build trust from a young age, helping your child build lifelong dental habits.
Contact our office today to schedule an appointment!
Our Family Dentist Treats Patients of All Ages
While we do not consider ourselves pediatric specialists, children are welcome to visit Sunrise Dental starting at about age 3. We can begin doing dental cleanings and offering fluoride varnishes at this age. Getting your child in to see the dentist at an early age is essential in preventive care and establishing a life-long oral health routine.
We can also help educate your child early and observe as they develop to catch any dental abnormalities or other issues. Beginning regular dental visits early is also key to helping them avoid the development of dental anxiety later in life.
During your visit, our caring and compassionate dentist can provide the following preventive treatments:
- Fluoride treatments and varnishes: Great for kids and adults alike, these treatments can help strengthen enamel and protect against sensitivity, cavities, and general decay.
- Dental cleanings and exams: An important part of what we do, regular exams allow our dentist to make sure your entire family has a clean, disease-free, and decay-free smile!
- Nutritional counseling: What you consume makes a huge impact on your oral health. Our family dentist can help you stay informed so that you can guide your family’s diet and nutritional habits.
In addition to our preventive care measures, Sunrise Dental also offers custom mouth guards to protect your child’s teeth from damage caused by teeth grinding, clenching, or sports-related accidents. Call today to ask one of our doctors if a custom-made mouthguard is right for you or your child.
Offering Quality Care Through Sedation Dentistry
At Sunrise Dental, our family dentist can also offer sedation dentistry to our patients with anxiety as well as those who may need extensive dental work or full mouth reconstruction. Our office offers two different types of dental sedation: nitrous oxide and oral conscious sedation. While we recommend sedation dentistry for more complicated procedures or very fearful patients, nitrous oxide is safe for all ages of patients and is great for nervous kids! If you have little ones who are anxious about visiting the dentist, don’t fear — this fast-acting “laughing gas” will have your child worry-free in no time.
Schedule Your Visit with Our Family Dentist Today
Ready to make an appointment for you and your family? Contact one of our convenient locations in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, or Chapel Hill, NC today. You can also send us a message using one of our online forms. Just fill it out, click submit, and a member of our team will get back with you as soon as possible. We will be happy to help you find a date and time for your appointment that works well with your personal schedule. We can’t wait to meet you and your family!