Emergencies happen. We get it. That’s why we offer emergency services to any patient in need. While we can typically see emergency patients on the same day they call, we will always work to get you in to see a doctor as soon as possible. We even offer evening and weekend appointments at certain locations. Our team at Sunrise Dental is dedicated to helping alleviate your pain and getting you back to your normal life. Read on to learn more about what to do if you are experiencing an emergency, what exactly constitutes an emergency, and how our team can help.
What To Do In Case Of An Emergency
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, we have a few tips for you. Follow the instructions below to best help us help you:
- If you have a tooth that has fallen or been knocked out, try to replace it. By fitting the tooth back into the socket, you will better protect the roots and increase its chance of survival. If you can’t get it back into the socket, protect the tooth and be careful not to touch the roots of the tooth.
- If there are broken pieces of your tooth, secure the pieces in a plastic bag until you can reach our office.
- If you are bleeding, attempt to stop the blood flow before you reach our office. If the bleeding does not stop in a reasonable amount of time, please get to an emergency room immediately.
- Control swelling and pain with a cold compress, if necessary.
- Contact one of our convenient locations immediately. You can find phone numbers for each office here.
- If you catch us after hours, please call the number listed on the answering machine. We can help you at all hours of the day and night.
- If the situation is life threatening, skip the dental office and head straight to the nearest emergency room.
These steps will help you ensure the best chance of your tooth’s survival. The sooner you reach our office, the more likely we will be able to repair your tooth and alleviate your pain. We will be happy to help!
What Constitutes a Dental Emergency?
Some common examples of a dental emergency include:
- broken or injured tooth
- tooth that has fallen out or been knocked out
- severe dental pain
- soft tissue damage (tongue, gums, or cheek)
If you are suffering from any of these situations, please contact our office immediately to schedule an emergency appointment. We will work to get you in to see a doctor as soon as possible. We can offer a variety of services to help save your tooth, alleviate your pain, or replace your tooth, if necessary. Our Raleigh office offer CEREC technology to create a permanent crown while you are sitting in our office! We’ll take care of your emergency situation while you wait.
Schedule a Non-Emergency Visit
Even if you aren’t experiencing a dental emergency, we can still help solve your dental problem. Contact one of our convenient locations today. This method of contact is not recommended for dental emergency care. We will be happy to help you solve any dental issue you may have — emergency or otherwise.
What Our Patients Are Saying
Don't just take our word for it! Our patients' testimonials reflect the same high standard of dental care that Sunrise Dental always strives to achieve. Listen to the stories below, and hear for yourself about how we always place our patients and their needs as a top priority.
New Patient & VIP Specials
We're always looking to give you more at Sunrise Dental! Schedule your first appointment today, or register to be a VIP member of our practice for exclusive specials and deals, including:
- Reduced Waiting Times
- No Annual Maxiumum
- Annual Cleanings, Consults, and More
- Discounted Treatments
- Discounted Cleanings and Procedured
- And more!