Gum Disease Treatments
Many Americans have some form of gum disease, albeit many of them are mild ones. At Sunrise Dental, we have the capability to treat gingivitis, periodontitis, and other gum diseases. Call us to schedule an appointment today!
Our mouths are full of bacteria, even though it’s not something we like to think about. The longer plaque and tartar sit on your tooth enamel and gum line, the more damage they cause. That’s why it’s important to schedule bi-annual cleanings with your dentist. When gingivitis occurs, the gums become red and swollen, and bleeding may occur as well. Even though many people suffer from gingivitis at some point during their lives, its effects can be reversed with proper oral care.
What makes certain people more prone to gingivitis? The following are some risk factors:
- Smoking – this is one of the most significant risk factors, making preventing gingivitis one more reason to quit the habit
- Hormonal changes in females – they can make the gums more sensitive, which in turn makes the gum more prone to disease
- Diabetes – people with this chronic condition are more prone to infections in general
- Other illnesses and treatments – these can include AIDS and cancer as well as their respective remedies
- Medications – these can include both prescription and over-the-counter medications that reduce the flow of saliva to the mouth
If you notice pain, redness, and/or swelling in your gums, don’t wait! Call Sunrise Dental to make an appointment. Letting gum disease go too long can result in tooth loss.
What Our Patients Are Saying
Don't just take our word for it! Our patients' testimonials reflect the same high standard of dental care that Sunrise Dental always strives to achieve. Listen to the stories below, and hear for yourself about how we always place our patients and their needs as a top priority.
New Patient & VIP Specials
We're always looking to give you more at Sunrise Dental! Schedule your first appointment today, or register to be a VIP member of our practice for exclusive specials and deals, including:
- Reduced Waiting Times
- No Annual Maxiumum
- Annual Cleanings, Consults, and More
- Discounted Treatments
- Discounted Cleanings and Procedured
- And more!